First meeting of the Presidency – 21-22 September 2016
The Presidency had its first meeting in Rome one month after its election, on September 21 and 22.
During these two days, it examined several important questions:
- the organization of the secretary and some legal aspects of the Cmis;
- works in progress, especially the “identity code”;
- recommendations of the general assembly;
- financial situation;
- the ways of working: within the Presidency, with the Secretary, and with the Executive Council;
- the improving of the CMIS site as a better way of information and cooperation;
- the question of translations and translators;
- the next meeting of the Executive Council in November.
Besides, the Presidency was received by the cardinal Braz de Aviz, Prefect of the Congregation for the Institutes of consecrated life, with the Lord bishop Carballo, Secretary, and Father Leonello Leidi and Dr Daniela Leggio, heads of office in charge of the secular Institutes (cf attached photo). During this long and friendly audience, it was agreed to go on with our good cooperation, especially through regular meetings (one or two a year), and to end our common work on the “identity code” of the secular Institutes.
The Presidency also wrote an official letter to Pope Francis, to ask him a message at the occasion of the 70th anniversary of Provida Mater. The cardinal accepted to give it himself to the Holy Father as soon as the next week.
The next meeting of the Presidency will take place in February 2017.