Presidency and the Executive of the CMIS met in Rome in March 8 to 12
The Presidency and the Executive of the CMIS met in Rome in March 8 to 12 in Villa Aurelia, with an important program:
- a discussion and an assessment about Primo Feliciter, 70 years after its promulgation;
- a provisional assess about the distribution of “Consecration and secularity”, the Letter of the Prefect to all bishops in the world about Secular institutes;
- a theological thought about consecrated secularity (or secular consecration), with Dr Marinella Perroni, theologian and specialist of the Bible;
- an assessment of the 2017 balance sheet of the MI and the 2018 provisional balance sheet;
- a presentation of the first results of the wide survey carried out by the CMIS about the present situation of the Secular institutes all over the world;
- two interesting reports about two important meetings held in Rome at the end of 2017: the first organized in October by the Italian Conference of Secular institutes and the Congregation for the Institutes of consecrated life and Societies of Apostolic Life; the second organized in December by the Congregation itself, on the theme: “vocational discernment”;
- a long exchange about the document published by the Congregation : “For new wine, new wine skins”;
- the functioning of the CMIS website and Facebook page, and the possible improvements;
- the first decisions about the next 2020 Congress and General Assembly of the CMIS.
At the end of Sunday morning, Cardinal João Braz de Aviz, Prefect of the Congregation, went to celebrate mass and share lunch with all members of the meeting.